Monday, July 13, 2015

To plate or not to plate.

When to plate:


A question that has be posed to me quite a bit since I have started this blog is: when should I plate? My answer to that is always! There isn't a time that you shouldn't be plating, there are time when it might be difficult to plate, or when you don't think you're able to plate, but plating should always be done! Like I said in a earlier blog "you eat with your eyes first" so in that regard everything should always look appealing to the eye, least you spent all that time in vain because you just tossed everything onto a plate and now it looks like garbage and suddenly lost your apatite.

Even on a Train? even on a Plane? even in the Rain?


It's not like they have a choice of anywhere else to go tho there stuck here!! *Muhahahahha!!!!*

All the more reason to do it! Yeah sure they ARE NOW stuck on the train, or on a plain in the rain with you, but what about next time? That's right there stuck there NOW, but they do have the chance to go with another company the next time they travel. 

But... but my food was so tasty everyone loved it.

Yea, sure that might be true. At the same time it could have been really bad as well, or just mediocre, and it's even more true that the plating of your food has little to no effect on the overall satisfaction of the people who are riding with you, but it's the little things that counts, "Oh man, do you remember  that steak we had on the plane to Japan last year? It was soo good" Tho in realty that steak was mediocre because the chef was in a really prissy mood that day, but is a stickler for the quality of the plate, but little things like the arrangement  of a plate can leave a lasting impression of good or bad in a diners mind. Yea, everything else might have been shit, but at least do what LITTLE you can to make your guest come back again, and again.

Snacks?


Why the hell should I plate my snacks? There just for me!! ONLY ME!!!! But, I might share...

Even if there snack, even if they are just for you, you have the chance here to improve on your technique, to explore new ways of doing things to find an easier way to do something. You would be missing a valuable opportunity to improve and there is never a point in your life that you can't improve a little further on something. 

Does it really need to look 5 star?   

I don't know is that the standard you hold yourself to professionally? If so I would say yes, with whatever you do always strive for perfection in it no matter what you do or how you do it, make sure it meets YOUR standards set them and ALWAYS adhere to them. with that said, don't be to harsh on yourself if it doesn't but try too.

Even at my in-laws?!


But I loathe them... sooo muchhh!!! ( I secretly love them, I just want to fit in with the cool kids so I say I hate them like everyone else)

Weather you hate them or not, the answer again is: YES!! And the why is surprisingly simple to understand and also shows them that weather or not they like you "look what I can do, bet you didn't know I could do that could you?!" Is this going to make them like you? Probably not, but who cares what they think, you're already married to their child! This just gives them a chance to see another side of you that may not have seen before and like I said will it make them like you? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment